I’ve just updated my Jekyll setup from Jekyll 2.x to Jekyll 3.x. Apart from changing
highlighter setting to rouge, which is the new default syntax highlighter,
I had to update my .htaccess file, since my blog is hosted on a shared Apache server.
By default, my Jekyll 2.x setup generated the blog posts as directories named as the post permalink; in 3.x, it changed to html files named as the post permalink. Because of that, I had to tweak my RewriteRule a little bit.
In my RewriteRule, I’ve included an optional trailing slash, which matches the
old links. It poses no SEO risks because Jekyll already includes the
I used to have Disqus enabled on my website, but I have disabled it because of privacy concerns.
If you feel like commenting or asking something, you can still contact me via other means.